Patientricity: Putting the patient at the center of the trial
Nearly every person today is walking around with a connected device in their pocket and, in some cases, on their wrist as well. Electronic patient reported outcome (ePRO) measures in clinical trials are a patient-centered approach to data collection utilizing native apps and wearable technology.
An ePRO Solution that is 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant
Clinical Studio has made it incredibly simple to automate patient-reported outcomes measures. This is accomplished through customizable notifications and by making 21 CFR Part 11 compliant data entry available to study participants themselves.
Measuring patient outcomes has never been easier. Collect surveys at any interval or implement eDiaries into your clinical trial. Allow study participants to use their wearable device to send activity data directly to a clinical trial database. These latest innovations are not only making research trials more effective, but are helping to lower the cost of data collection and, ultimately, the creation of electronic clinical outcome assessments (eCOA) in clinical trials.
Electronic Patient Reported Outcome Measurement
At Crucial Data Solutions, we believe ePRO measurement features are some of the most important functionality a clinical trial can provide. These features make the clinical trial process easier for study participants and researchers. That’s why our ePRO solution is available in two ways:
- As a fully integrated part of studies running on the Clinical Studio and TrialKit EDC platform
- As a stand-alone tool for studies being conducted outside of Clinical Studio and TrialKit
Here are a few ways a clinical trial can be enhanced with the Clinical Studio’s ePRO system:
- Patients can snap photos or videos directly into a survey in addition to standard data collection of simple multiple choice or open-ended responses
- Patient access has been made simple and flexible, so little or no training is required. Email and/or in-app notifications guide the study participant directly to their surveys. They can be accessed through TrialKit, a free mobile app, or through any web browser
- ePRO is bring-your-own-device (BYOD) friendly and compatible on iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Automate the entire notification process and enforce survey completion by sending reminders
- Allow sites to send manual notifications directly to participants
- The platform’s handoff mode allows patients to fill out surveys with a clinician. This alleviates the need to add the study participant to the system for them to login on their own. The handoff function is beneficial for older populations or studies where the study participants only complete a couple surveys and do not need their own login